Monday, April 20, 2009

Things That Make Me Happy, Part 1

Always the cynic, I started making a list when I was in a bad mood yesterday of thing that make me miserable. After I started writing I decided I will try to be positive and make a list of things that make me happy. Here's what I can think of so far.





GRAPEFRUIT




Probably my favorite drink ever is a fresh squeezed grapefruit in a full glass of water. No sugar. SO good. I like to have one each morning, if I don't have any grapefruit I groan and use lemon instead.






SEWING/VISUALLY APPEALING TEXTILES


I love to sew, especially wee little dresses for my tot. Whenever I see a bright, fantastic textile I become inspired, and that makes me happy.


BEING FRUGAL

You would think that spending money would make me happy, but the rush I get is from where I save. I never buy clothing over ten dollars, everything is from the clearance rack. I seriously love walking out of the store, getting in my car, and looking at the discount on the receipt. Especially with grocery shopping, where the "money saved" is on there. It gives me an adrenaline rush (weird, right?)

TATTOOS

As a cutter who has never cut, tattoos are to me what Listerine is to an alcoholic. It's allowed, but it's still getting an otherwise frowned on fix. I love the way they look, but especially the way they feel, it it very arousing to me to get the actual tattoo, but the burn that follows 2 weeks afterward is absolutely heavenly.


CLEAN HOUSE/HOME DECOR

I am a true believer that is your surroundings are cluttered, your inner self will be cluttered. I like to practice feng shui, and keep my house very clean. When I get into a made bed, I sleep better, when I eat in a clean kitchen, the food tastes better. I don't take no mess. I am also a minimalist when it comes to "things" and knick knacks.


BONFIRES


The smell of a bonfire is one of the best smells. I was a pyro when I was younger, I just love to watch things burn. Bottom line.


SHOES


I love shoes, I love the way they smell new, the way the look, especially a tall, platform heel.






GARDENING/GRASS/LEAVES


I love any yard work, being out in my vegetable garden, raking and burning the leaves, or mowing the lawn are instant anxiety relievers for me.




MUSIC

Music has saved my life. Daily. Every memory I have I associate with some album, band, or song. One day I will own every CD to complete my life soundtrack, and it's going to be huge. It will be in a library. Expertly organized.


COOKING

Something I'm actually good at, cooking. I love cooking for other people especially.


to be continued...


No comments: