Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My son; the walking billboard

My 2.5 year old has become a victim of mass consumption.

Unfortunately, whilst pregnant with my son I developed an addiction to daytime soaps (yes, I know, and I'm bowing my head in shame) how do I know I watch to much daytime TV in front of my son? Well, there's this local commercial that comes on for cleaning carpets, routinely, once a show. Well, Max's new favorite song to sing is the ditty for this commercial. Every time it comes on he runs to the TV and sings along "1-800-STEAMER Stanley Steamer gets carpets cleaner!" and then he cracks up. Seriously. He also knows the M&M's commercial and several Nick Toons theme songs.

To top it off, I was rushing to get to the East Side the other day and forgot to feed my kid (I know, still bowing head in shame) so he reminds me by saying "I want FRIES and UMBUGGER" when we pass by Wendys. I figure since I was craving a big bite of mad cow disease, er, Taco Bell, I could stop at the Wixom exit and get him fries. So, we get there and I pull into the McDonalds and Max starts SCREAMING "NO, I WANT WA WAS" yes, he meant Wendys. My 2 1/2 year old has a FAST FOOD PREFERENCE. I saw an A&W and went there instead since their food isn't as disgusting, but dang! I feed this kid fast food like once or twice a month, how can he possibly have a preference?! I need to start renting him out to companies as super adorable ad space.

Okay, maybe not.

No comments: